Once upon a time on my old blog, I wrote a post about Kindles VS Physical books. I received a Kindle paper white for Christmas 2015 and that day, I completed my first Kindle book. Having now had my Kindle for a year and a half now and the debate about which is better having died down a lot more, I thought I’d write a couple of points on why I love my Kindle. If you’re contemplating purchasing a Kindle, you may find this helpful!
- I can carry around so many more books and they weigh soooo much less
- My books don’t have to keep competing for shelf space (well they do but my Kindle lessens it a bit..)
- They are cheaper (most of the time..)
- It has a helpful ‘minutes left in book’ line in the bottom corner which means that…
- I read books a lot faster on my Kindle – I really don’t know how or why, but I do!
- You can make notes and highlight lines without damaging the book
- I can actually fit this in my bag without having to switch out to another bag to accommodate it, unlike physical books
- I can read in bed and I don’t have to get in to an awkward position to try and read both pages because its all on screen
- Kindle books/Amazon vouchers make for very easy gifts
- Kindle books have exactly the same content that they do in physical books – there’s no difference!
I hope this post has helped you if you’ve been deliberating on whether to get a Kindle. They are super useful and handy, especially if you’re on the go or going away and you just have no idea what books to take! Of course, I can only comment on my experiences of the Kindle Paperwhite which is super good if you want to read outside or in the dark because it has the lit back screen which is really good! Do you have a Kindle? If not, has this made you think of getting one?